Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Day in the Life of Me

Today started out with David and I going to the car dealership to get our AC fixed. We have been driving around in the Hawaii heat with no AC for 2 weeks. I has been very hot and we just can't handle it. They have to order the parts for it so we don't know just how long it will take, and with only one car it makes it a little hard for David to get to work. Anyways I got to spend all morning with my wonderful husband, we laid in bed all morning and cuddled and watched movies! It was a perfect morning!
 
After David went to work I started making banana bread
Did the dishes, oh how I hate doing them, but hey someone needs to
Got to soak up some of the wonderful Hawaii heat and read my book while the bread was baking. Give me a book and some tea and I am happy!
While I was outside our little gecko friend wondered up to me, David named him Drake and had plans to catch him. I told him he has to get a tank and food for him first, we don't have the money for it right now but David is really excited.
Doing laundry. I feel like I have been doing this everyday lately! We both just have so much clothes!!!
I got tired of my house being messy so I cleaned my upstairs bathroom and our bedroom.
Added my own personal touch to make the room really mine, considering that our stuff wont get here until the end of October. David got this lei for me the day I arrived!
I hate the house being silent. I can't stand it so usually I play music, today was Billy Currington Raido on Iheartraido
Finally the banana bread was finished! It looked so good I wanted to gobble it up but I stopped myself, it's dessert not lunch
David called and said he was on his way home so I started making dinner. we had turkey burgers. I had mine with lettuce, tomato, onions, and cheese. David went the simpler way and had just cheese. 
We also had delicious fresh green beans and had garlic salt on them! Dinner was so filling we almost forgot about dessert! Okay well we didn't forget, we might have scarfed down our dinner just so we could have dessert...
I was a little nervous about it because I have never made banana bread by myself but it turned out so good! I got the recipe here.
It was so good that I had three pieces!

At the end of the night we brought our bed downstairs and watched The Avengers! One of my favorite movies ever!

It was a really good day over all! Saturday we are getting up a four in the morning to do a jog/run on a bridge for David's work, I'm not super into running but if we do it David gets Monday off. I will let you know how that goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment